Exactitude

Posted by Katie | Posted on 3:23 PM


Calvino says exactitude is, "a well-defined and well-calculated plan by which the text is constructed." Being exact in which a text is planned is what authors do. I think exactitude is the concept of being memorable and clear. I have a problem with flow in my writing sometimes because I have a hard time putting all my thoughts together. Calvino's exactitude gives me perspective on improving my writing. Making my writing memorable and clear is what I need to work on. Calvino's writing was not always clear to me but it was memorable in the sense that I took something away from it. Being exact in our writing is the concept I think Calvino wants us to learn. I found this picture of trees making an X with their shadows and this makes me think of being exact. The X tells us where we need to be and this is where we should go.

I chose this image because it shows X marks the spot. Calvino states that exactitude is a well-defined and well-calculated plan in which a text is constructed. This image shows direction and stability. I think this is what Calvino wants out of literature, he wants a precise plan that shows direction. A focus is what I think of when it comes to exactitude. This image gives us an exact focus. X marks the stop is what I understand from Calvino's exactitude.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment